Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Authors from A to Z: D

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


This amazing lady is on my list of authors I would love to meet. I was wary of reading her debut novel The Dark Divine (my review here) because of some misconceptions I had and the fact that I knew it involved werewolves (a supernatural creature I wasn't too fond of at the time. I'm getting over that.). But I read it and was completely blown away.

The fact that Despain created such a unique story with some familiar elements as well as characters that were deep and real impressed me so much. Her book had me reading into the night and wanting to drop everything else just to finish it. I became an instant fan and hope that one day I can write stories that are that compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!