Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 Reading Challenge



 

 

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Writer Quirk has read 0 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide


After seeing this post the other day, I decided it would be good for me to try something new in regards to reading this year. So, I went and officially signed myself up for my first ever reading challenge. Woot!

Last year, I read about 60 books, which was more than I had expected. My goal for this year is 75 books. I also want to be more intentional with it, not only reading a bunch of books, but challenging myself to review more. I also plan to do (at least) a monthly update of my progress to keep myself accountable.

For my challenge, I am counting both physical books and audio books, mostly YA. Beyond this, I am also challenging myself to read more craft books on writing, but I'm not going to count those toward the overall goal.

I'm going to use the Goodreads widget (seen above and on my sidebar) to keep track.  I don't have a set list of books, but here are some that I am hoping to count toward my goal:


Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Ditched by Robin Mellom
Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Until I Die by Amy Plum
Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
Terrier by Tamora Pierce
Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce
Mastiff by Tamora Pierce
Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Shadow Falls by Cate Tiernan
Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
The Revenant by Sonia Gensler
Revived by Cat Patrick
Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard
Supernaturally by Kiersten White
Endlessly by Kiersten White
Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken


If I even get half of these, it will be a good year for reading!

Are you participating in a challenge this year? Do you have reading goals?

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!