Monday, December 31, 2012

Favority-Fave Reads of 2012 [Part 2]

Welcome to Part 2 of my favorite books of 2012! Below is the second half of the books that left a great impression on me this year. I've included small summaries of why I thought each book was awesome as well as links to any reviews I've done.

To see more info, click the title to go to each novel's Goodreads page. There is only one category in this part and the books are listed in alphabetical order.


Favority-Faves: Books Read in 2012 Published Before 2012

Across the Universe by Beth Revis ~ Released 2011 (full review)
This tense sci-fi mystery kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat. I loved the dual POV and all the secrets aboard the Godspeed. I can't wait to dive into the rest of the series!




All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin ~ Released 2011
There is so much more to this story than the restrictive future society I expected. I adored Anya, the strong main character, and felt for her through her trials and the mystery she is thrown in to.




Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick ~ Released 2011 (full review)
Oh my gosh this book terrified me. I felt like I was living this book with the characters, who must survive the wilderness, desperate people, and things that aren't exactly people anymore.




Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver ~ Released 2010 (full review)
I love this book. Not only did Oliver's writing sweep me up and the characters make me anxious to know what happened, but the poignant ending sticks with me to this day.




The Book Thief by Markus Zusak ~ Released 2006
This historical YA novel with a twist (it is narrated by Death) is intelligent, humorous, and sad. It showed me a different view of the World War II and is definitely a book everyone should read.




The Dark Divine by Bree Despain ~ Released 2009 (full review)
When I picked up this book, I was expecting a mushy werewolf romance. What I got was a wonderfully written story full of mystery, unique werewolf lore, and fantastic characters.



Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes ~ Released 2011 (full review)
This novel is fun, fast-paced, full of action, and I loved every minute of it. It has a nice twist on creatures in the real world battling a rag tag team of quirky characters.




The Iron King by Julie Kagawa ~ Released 2010 (full review)
After not having any success with fey stories, I found this one. It is full of action with fantastic world building and I loved all the different fey creatures and the bravery of the main character, Meghan.




The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness ~ Released 2008 (full review)
Despite this being one of the most gut-wrenching books I've ever read, it is also one of the best. A uniquely written and excellently told story, this tale of two young people on the run is not one to miss.




The Light by D.J. MacHale ~ Released 2010
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, but what I got was a dark, action-packed story. It read like a suspenseful horror movie and was gripping with every dangerous encounter.




Looking for Alaska by John Green ~ Released 2006
Through some unforgettable characters, this great contemporary brings to life the awkward, exciting time of high school and the yearning and searching that often happens there.




Numbers by Rachel Ward ~ Released 2010
This book has a unique and gritty story that had the characters on the run in England. Add in the element of seeing death dates and trying to change fates, and you have one exciting novel.


The Revenant by Sonia Gensler ~ Released 2011 (full review)
I absolutely love this intelligent historical that is wrapped in a ghost story and topped off with mystery. It is well-written and has so many fantastic elements and I cannot wait for what Gensler has in store.




Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly ~ Released 2010 (full review)
I had a rocky start with this book, but after giving it another go, I came to adore it. It is beautifully written and chock full of emotion with a fantastic dual narration.



Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier ~ Released 2009
I went in to this book not really knowing what to expect and came out amazed. Secret societies, time travel, great characters, and a fight over an artifact and a prophecy were plenty to keep me wanting more.




Unleashed by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie ~ Released 2011
I was pleasantly surprised when I took a chance on this book and found that I liked it as often werewolf books are not my thing. But this novel is exciting with plenty of action and mystery.





That's it, quirks! I hope you enjoyed my list and take a chance on some (or many) of these if you haven't read them already.

Share your favorites or thoughts on mine in the comments!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!