Monday, December 10, 2012

The Classics Reading Challenge 2013



I like to try new things. For 2012, my new thing was attempting to meet a reading goal. I has success with that challenge, so for 2013 I have decided to branch out to more reading challenges.

The Classics Reading Challenge is hosted by Jessica over at Thoughts at One in the Morning. The challenge is to read at least one classic book in 2013. To read the rules and join in, visit the sign up post here.

I have picked out some classics that I would like to read this year. I probably won't get to all of them, but for me, having a goal is helpful.

My Hope-to-Reads are:
Emma by Jane Austen

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

2 comments:

  1. I did a personal goal to read one classic a month for 2012 and I really enjoyed it! I found some new favorites and rediscovered some old ones. Pride & Prejudice was my first one, I'd never read any Jane Austen before that... http://giveahootreadabook.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-pride-prejudice-classic-month-1.html

    I definitely plan on doing it again next year, so I'll have to go check out that challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad to see you on board. :) I'm supposed to read Northanger Abbey before the year is over to complete this year's challenge. I hope you enjoy the books you get to read! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!