Sunday, August 11, 2013

A-Z Bookish Survey!


Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner had an awesome idea and came up with an A-Z bookish survey! All the questions are book related and correspond to a letter of the alphabet. If you want to participate, visit Jamie's original post here and comment and leave her a link to your post!

Author You've Read the Most Books From:
Tamora Pierce (17 books!)

Best Sequel Ever:
Timepiece (Hourglass #2) by Myra McEntire

Currently Reading:
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Ovaltine

E-reader or Physical Book:
Both! I love the feel of physical books (and having them on my shelf) but I love the convenience of e-readers.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School:
Tucker from the Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance:
The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine #1) by Bree Despain

Hidden Gem Book:
Ultraviolet (Ultraviolet #1) by R.J. Anderson

Important Moment in Your Reading Life:
Re-discovering YA lit! I started reading all the time again like I used to when I was younger.

Just Finished:
The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron

Kinds of Books You Won't Read:
Erotica

Longest Book You've Read:
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (1,285 pages!)

Major Book Hangover Because of:
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Three

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling

Preferred Place to Read:
My bed. I prefer being comfortable when reading and that is the most comfortable place for me.

Quote That Inspires You/Gives You All the Feels From a Book You've Read:
“I know at that moment what he's given me and it isn't a chair. It's an invitation, a welcome, the knowledge that I am accepted here. He hasn't given me a place to sit. He's given me a place to belong.”
Katja Millay, The Sea of Tranquility

“I will love myself, and my body, for what it can do- because it is strong enough to lift, to walk, to ride a bicyle up a hill, to embrace the people I love and hold them fully, and to nurture a new life. I will love myself because I am sturdy. Because I did not -will not- break.”
Jennifer Weiner, Good in Bed  

Reading Regret:
I have a tendency to avoid books I think will make me feel sad or cry, and I really shouldn't (especially since the ones that do make me cry seem to come out of nowhere anyway).

Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out in the series):
Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
(just need to read the last one!)

Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books:
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Myra McEntire! She was the first author I ever met and she is the epitome of awesome!

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Panic by Lauren Oliver. I love her writing so I can't wait to see what she'll do next!

Worst Bookish Habit:
Buying books! I have plenty I need to read but I can't stop buying more!

X Marks the Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Slide by Jill Hathaway

Your Latest Book Purchase:
Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner

ZZZ-Snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with your hidden gem pick; Ultraviolet is such a good book!!

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like getting into YA lit is such a turning point for so many of us bloggers and I'm so glad that happened as it introduced us all to each other :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!