Saturday, April 12, 2014

An Unhappy Hiatus

Hello quirks,

I've been putting this off because I was hoping circumstances would change and I wouldn't need to do this, but they haven't, so here we are.

Writer Quirk is going on an indefinite hiatus starting today.

I love blogging and reviewing, but my mental health is at a point right now where the stress of trying to keep posting reviews and such when I'm barely reading and barely functioning offline is one thing too many. I've never been a super-frequent poster and have been very lenient with myself on how I run this blog, but the guilt of not reading and not posting is getting to me, so I need a break from it.

It's difficult to put into words what is going on in my head that is making life so tough, so suffice it to say that despite efforts to battle my depression, I'm losing. In a way, things have gotten better since I switched to a new medication, as in suicidal thoughts and self-harm impulses are way down, but the pervasive sadness and lethargy I feel seems to only increase. Add in new stress at my day job and my usual stress at home, and I'm a zombie pretending to be human only when necessary, and it is exhausting.

I hope to return sooner rather than later, but only time will tell if that is possible. Until then, I hope you read amazing books, write your hearts out, and live life to the fullest.

~Shalena @ Writer Quirk

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* I hope that everything starts to balance out for you and that you can get to a place where you feel better. You'll get back to reading amazing books yourself soon. If you ever need anything, to talk or whatever, feel free to email me (impulsivities @ gmail.com).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you come back soon! but take as long as you need. If this is something you no longer enjoy because you are getting stressed and you are not in the right place, just take a break as long as you need! <3



    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!