Sunday, February 8, 2015

From Where I'm Standing [17] - Ally Carter

I have been a fan of Ally Carter for the past seven or eight years. I found the audio book of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You on sale, bought it, and discovered YA lit was a thing that I enjoyed. Along with Harry Potter and Twilight, I credit Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl series for getting me in to reading YA again.

The last time Ally Carter visited Tennessee, she only had a stop in Memphis, which is too far away for a day trip, so I was beyond elated to see that Chattanooga had been added for this latest tour to celebrate the release of Ally's first Embassy Row novel, All Fall Down. Not only did it make it possible for me to meet Ally and get some of my books signed, but it also gave me an excuse to see my blog bestie Hannah, of The Book Vortex.


Ally Carter answering fan questions.
Ally Carter signing books.

The event wasn't set up in the best way (no chairs at all!), so Ally spoke briefly about All Fall Down and then took a few questions. There were lots of students from local schools present, and many of them looked like they had dressed up as Gallagher Girls because they were wearing their private school uniforms. Meeting Ally was so much fun, and I'm glad Hannah came along, as we got to hang out quite a bit and catch up (and a thank you to her for taking pictures!).
 
Hannah and Me
Me and Ally Carter
If you want to win two books signed by Ally Carter, just head on over to this post!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!