Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Write Stuff [11]

Write Stuff (formerly Working Writer Wednesday) is a weekly meme based on the Wannabe Writer meme hosted by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-Published. This meme (I changed the name so I could post on any day of the week) is what prompted me to start Writer Quirk, so I am thankful to Sarah for creating it and allowing ANYONE (even a quirkster like me) to join up. So go visit her site and the others who participate. Do it.

Where I am in the writing process:  Halfway through my rewrite, thanks to writing about five chapters in a short amount of time. So roughly 37k words right now.

My current problem(s):  Epihanies. I know I'm going to have to change the beginning of my novel, and normally I'd be freaking out about how to do that, but I keep having ideas that I want to go ahead and implement but I can't because I'm trying to finish the stupid thing!

Sarah's ???:  What are your favorite dual narrative novels?

My answer:  I haven't read very many but in general I like them. I loved how the multiple narratives worked in the Midnighters Series by Scott Westerfeld. And even though the romance was too much for me, I liked having both Luc and Frannie's viewpoints in Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers. I like it when you see through the eyes of two different characters and you know their paths are going to cross. It just adds a lot of anticipation. It also works to add dramatic irony, which is always fun. Multiple POVs are less fun when they're necessary (think Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer) so the story can move along while one character is out of commission. But, again, I haven't met one I haven't liked...yet. ^_^

My ???:  Have you ever considered writing a dual/multiple narrative novel?


That's it for this time!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. It takes me forever to rewrite or write anything! It's always annoying :) I'm working on a duel narrative and I think I'm in way over my head

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!