Friday, November 25, 2011

Write Stuff [15] - NaNoWriMo Day 25

Write Stuff (formerly Working Writer Wednesday) is a weekly meme based on the Wannabe Writer meme hosted by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-Published. This meme (I changed the name so I could post on any day of the week) is what prompted me to start Writer Quirk, so I am thankful to Sarah for creating it and allowing ANYONE (even a quirkster like me) to join up. So go visit her site and the others who participate. Do it.



For the month of November, Write Stuff will be my way of updating my NaNoWriMo progress here on the blog.  Hope you enjoy the crazy!

Where I am in the writing process:  I'm just over 40k, so I'm nearly done!

My problem(s) today:  One thing I have learned about my writing process is that the closer I get to the end of my story, the longer my novel gets. I'm nearly at my word count for NaNoWriMo, but still have at least a third of an outline to get through. I guess that is reasonable, as most YA novels are not 50k words long, but it is frustrating!

What made me happy today: I'm not at work! I'm enjoying a nice four-day weekend at home after having a great Thanksgiving Day with family.

Goal for tomorrow:  I hope to only have 5k or less words to write tomorrow. I usually take Friday's off from writing, but since I took yesterday off from it, I'm planning on making up for it today. I think I can get at least 5k if I work at it on and off while doing some housekeeping (the laundry runeth over, y'all). ^_^

If you're doing NaNoWriMo this year, leave your user name in the comments and I will make you my buddy!  (My username is writerquirk, obvs.  ^_^)




That's it for this time!

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on nearly being done! :D

    I'm not going to make it to 50k this year (not even to 25k yet), but it's still more than I had at the beginning of the month, and it helped me figure out some things for my over-arching series plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg! Sad to hear that, but yeah, that's better than nothing! And it is great you got the big picture stuff worked on a bit. I'm still having trouble with that myself and I also don't think this year's book has much plot, so I'll get to fix that later, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!