Sunday, July 1, 2012

Authors from A to Z: Y

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


I really wanted to highlight this author, and after being tricky, I found a way (her name ends in Y, lol). I first became aware of Miranda Kenneally through a giveaway on her blog. I was intrigued because of two things. The first was that she is originally from Tennessee (and I love my home state and writers from my home state). The second was that the premise of her debut novel, Catching Jordan, is about a female quarterback from Tennessee.

I won an arc of the novel from that giveaway and read it in one sitting, late at night, so if it isn't obvious, the book is AWESOME. I am insanely excited for Kenneally's second and third books, Stealing Parker and Bad, Bad Thing, which are companion novels to Catching Jordan. But because of how amazing Kenneally's writing and characters are, I'll be reading whatever she comes up with! And as if that weren't enough for me to be a fan, Kenneally is also lovely and approachable and you should follow her on Twitter. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!