Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Terry Owen Parker

I wanted to state officially that I will be on an indefinite hiatus.

 
Early this afternoon, my daddy passed away. He struggled for years with various health problems but his passing was sudden and a shock to my family.


He was one of the sweetest, smartest men I have ever known. He kicked my butt at Trivial Pursuit every time and could spot errors in movies and TV shows faster than Clint Eastwood could shoot a bad guy. He gave me my love for fantasy books, old films, and music from classical to classic rock. For those of you that have met me in person, he's where I got my inability to shut up. He encouraged me to do what made me happy and gave me the best advice and all the love and support I needed. I couldn't have asked for a better dad.

Terry Owen Parker
October 24th 1946 - July 4th 2012

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Shalena. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. If you need anything at all, give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was my very first boss.I used to babysit you and your sister at Ponderosa back in the day. I was 16 when I first met him. I was so scared cuz it was my first job, but i ended up working with him for four years. I had a great experience working With him, TIl this day i am still in food service and love customer service,He helped me alot and i am happy that i got to know him, Gina, and the chance i had to spend time with you and your sister as little girls and how beautiful you have both become.I'm Sorry to hear of his passing and wish you all the strength and support and prayers we all have to give.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!