Friday, August 27, 2010

I love where I live...

Do you?  Love where you live, I mean.  Not where I live.  Though I'm pretty sure you'd like it right now.  Tennessee.  It's great.  The weather, while still on the hot side, is slowly fading into Autumn and I love it.

This very second I am sitting outside, writing this on my sister's laptop.  I've been working on my WIP (mostly while outside) and doing other things recently (like re-watching Alias and reading books about writing) which is why I've been invisible (again).

Sorry about that.  I love blogging and the book/writer blog community.  I'm just really busy.  No excuse, I know, but straight up truth.

I will try to remedy the invisibility by posting some reviews soon.  I think I said that in my last update a couple weeks ago.  Soon doesn't mean the same thing to you that it means to mean.

Back to where I began:

I love where I live.

Tennessee, and my town especially, has a great mix of rural and urban.  Lots and lots and lots of trees, but you don't have to be out in the sticks to see them.  I get to experience every season, for better or worse, and I can see mountains, fields, wildflowers, deer, all within a mile of my house.  Which also happens to be only a few miles from a Wal-Mart. 

I have awesome local coffee shops to get awesome coffee-less drinks, and bigger store chains to shop from. I can get fast food or local food.  I can walk down the street without fearing for my life.  I can catch a demolition derby at the fairgrounds and then catch the latest blockbuster at our twelve screen theater.  I can watch a Shakespearean play at the local park or go beat people in laser tag (I'm a laser tag sniper - which equals awesome).

Did I mention nature yet?  Oh yeah, I did, but I'll mention it again.  I love driving through the twisty back roads barely big enough for a car and right in the middle of a mountain forest.  I love the rivers and lakes that are nearby.  I love the sky and the sunsets I can't see for the trees.  I love the high places where I can see clear across town. 

So really, do you love where you live?  What's the best thing about it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!