Monday, May 21, 2012

Write Stuff [20]


Write Stuff  is based on the Wannabe Writers meme hosted by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-Published. This meme is what prompted me to start Writer Quirk, so I am thankful to Sarah for creating it.


I'm going to continue straying from the usual format and just give a brief update about where I am and what I'm working on.


In my last Write Stuff post (here) I talked about the issues I was having writing the second draft of my first novel. I eventually decided to stop working on that draft and focus on creating an outline for a new version. I gave myself the month of April to complete this outline. After working my butt off (I really wish this was a literal statement) I completed my outline two days before the May 1st deadline. Yay!

So now I have a complete outline made of roughly sixty-two scenes split into four acts. The entirety of it was sent to my writing pal and friend Meg (of Myth-illogical) for a quick review. I began writing what is my third draft of this novel on on the first day of May. I have given myself a four month window to complete this new draft so by the end of August, I should have a complete draft. My goal with this one is to have something worth revising and not have to go through another rewrite.


I chose my deadline so that I could have September as a buffer if I need it and the month of October to work on an outline for NaNoWriMo instead of going in mostly blind like the last two years. November, being National Novel Writing Month, will be just for that, and then in December I will take a writing break, because I'm going to need it. ^_^ Hopefully in January I will be able to begin revisions on my third draft. I will try to update my progress here every so often to let you know how its going. And that is where I am!

So my lovely quirks, where are you at in your process? Have any writing goals or deadlines that you are working toward? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Everything seems to be coming along for you! I'm still in the process of my first rewrite since NaNo. Some days I can get a lot done, other days I can't concentrate. I'm hoping to get my second draft completed by the end of summer myself so I can get all the pre-publishing stuff done, and hopefully publish in the fall. It was my goal to get to the publishing point by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming along yes, but not quite at the speed I need, lol. I'm about 2k words behind right now, but I'm just going to keep plugging away at it.

      Congrats to you for pushing through and being on track!

      Thanks for visiting! ^_^

      Delete

Thank you for reading!