Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Write Stuff [24]


Write Stuff  is based on the Wannabe Writers meme hosted by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-Published. This meme is what prompted me to start Writer Quirk, so I am thankful to Sarah for creating it.

I use this meme to talk about the ups and downs of writing, what I'm working on, and, in November, to chronicle my NaNoWriMo journey.


After a nice break through most of December, I got back to working on my WIP (purple progress bar on the right). Since starting up again I've added about 5k words to it, but I can't seem to keep up my motivation.

Then recently I ran across The Writer's Dojo and their revamped NiNoWriMo (Ninja Novel Writing Month) and decided to sign up. My goal is to write at least 3k words a week. That won't get me to meeting my own personal deadline of the end of March, but hopefully it will get me in a better pattern so that I'll at least be closer. For more info on The Writer's Dojo and what all great things are going on over there (there are dojos for revising and querying too!) click on the graphic below.

the writer's dojo


Are you working on any writing projects? What goals have you set for yourself? Let me know in the comments! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. We all have to take our writing projects at a pace we can handle. I wanted to publish my 2011 NaNo novel in 2012, but I never finished. I was a bit irritated but I had to realize that sometimes life gets in the way and you have to come up with a new plan. Now I'm mostly back on track.

    This little step will get you more on track with a consistent writing pattern. And who knows? Maybe you'll be able to manage writing a little bit more than your goal. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of the writer's dojo before. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!