Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ink Anticipation [2]

The next book in the Gallagher Girl series by Ally Carter, Only the Good Spy Young comes out June 29, 2010 and I'm very excited!!!  I'm also a little nervous, because if Ally's tweets during her writing and rewriting of this book were any indication, some bad stuff may happen in this installment, which may or may not lead to pouting (a.k.a. Zach dies/is evil = tears).  The title, being a clever spy version of the phrase only the good DIE young, is especially troublesome.


But I understand (from a writer perspective, anyway) that the hard stuff makes the good stuff sweeter, so I'm hoping there's some really good stuff (Zach declares his undying love for Cammie, and Cammie reciprocates, of course) to be found. Either way, we'll see in less than a month!

Due to the size/shape of the countdown widget for Only the Good Spy Young, it is at the very bottom of my blog. The cover for OGSY is above, and the covers for the first three books (in reverse order), are below.  I am a total fan of these covers because they are easily recognizable as a series and I love the change in color for each book, not to mention the ransom-type letters.
 
         


My history with the Gallagher Girl series:
I stumbled across the first book, I'd Tell You I Love, But Then I'd Have to Kill You while shopping at Books-A-Million a couple years ago, buying the audio book on sale.  I thought LYKY was great, clean, YA fun, so I borrowed the next two books (Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy and Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover) from a co-worker and devoured them.  I've been stalking a fan of Ally Carter ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!