Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Museday [1]

I'm thinking most of my features will be posted bi-weekly, so we'll see how that goes.  One of the new ones is Museday, which is where I take a Tuesday post to highlight something that inspires me in my writing.

Today's Muse is...Magic by Colbie Caillat.

This song is really just a beautiful love song in the effervescent sunshine style of Colbie Caillat.  What makes it muse-worthy for me is that fact that she calls it Magic.  I've not talked a whole lot about the plot of my WIP, but magic is a big deal.  Plus, the feelings Colbie describes in her song fit a relationship my MC will have in a future novel, a relationship I am so ready to get to writing!  So this song keeps that dream alive of (finally!) getting my two favorite characters together and helps me visualize some sweet moments they might have later on.  Not to mention my MC will actually be able to feel her LI's magic, which is mentioned in the first verse.  The song is just too good to be true.  Except that is it!  ^_^

And while I love the original version by Colbie Caillat, I can't help but share this cover made by one of my favorite actresses and hopefully soon to be signed singers, Skyler Day.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!