Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Holy Blogger, Fatman! [Part One]

Can we say AWESOME?  Of course we can!

I received my first blog award!  The super-sweet Nyxen Nadine from Nyxen's Sidewalk Journey Through Life gave me The Versatile Blogger Award!  Thank you so much Nyxen!  I literally *squeed* aloud when I saw my name on her post, and I'm pretty sure Fatty thought I was a mouse for a second.  But anyhoo, now it is my turn to continue the versatile blogger tradition!



Here are the rules:

1.Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award. ^above^
2.Share 7 things about yourself.
3.Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (In no particular order...)
4.Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.


Seven Things to Share:
^not Fatty, but close^

1.  In the third grade for a creative writing assignment, I practically plagiarized a kiddy short story about a cat who foils a burglary. Though the idea and the events weren't my own, I had so much fun making up new details for the story that I fell in love with writing. (Note: that was my first and last attempt at plagery, just in case you were wondering ^o^)  I remember thinking that I loved the story so much, I wanted it to be mine!  I also had a big thing for cats and cat books.

2.  In addition to fiction, I occasionally write poetry. I also write lyrics, but because I am not musical, the song part usually gets left in my head.

3.  If I had been a character in a YA novel when I was a teenager, I would have been the quirky-jock-overachiever.
^Spirit Day Senior Year^
^Senior Superlative Photo^
^Junior Year Basketball Photo^

4.  I do not think of great names for cats. My first cat ever was named Purry (because Meowi sounded too much like Maui for my liking), then there was Sable (because of her color), Gabriel (because my sister named her cat Angel and both were solid white), Bobby (because I thought it was a cute name for such a friendly cat), Lynxi (because she had the little tufts of hair on her ears), and Fatty (who was not originally named this because I thought he was a girl, so he was called Baiby Fuzzy-Face Grey until I figured him out). Fatty, however, has the most names/titles/aliases of any of my cats, because he's special like that. ^_^

5.  I help teach my church's 7th grade girls Sunday School class. They think I'm weird (which I am) but I have fun getting to know them and they have fun laughing at my goofy-ness.

^my left ear^
6.  I currently have eight piercings.  My first two were my ears at age 10, the next two just above them when I was 18, the third set just above the second pair when I was 19, then two in the cartilage of my left ear this past December, just before I turned 24.  I had my belly-button pierced when I was 18, but that didn't last long.  I've only had to have one piercing redone.  If I could get whatever piercings I wanted, I would probably have my eyebrow and/or lip pierced.  I would never get my tongue pierced.

^my almost Alma Mater^
7.  While in college, I majored in English Literature and Creative Writing and minored in Cinema Studies and Secondary Education.  I dropped out just after the beginning of my junior year, and I have no plans to go back.  My life didn't turn out how I had planned or imagined, but if it had, I wouldn't be sharing all this fun stuff with you!

I will announce my fifteen choice bloggers 
in the next post!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Eight piercings, hey? I have five, but boring ones. nose and two in each ear. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purry!! That is such a funny name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana: Thanks!

    Alli Allo: Thanks! The only thing really impressive about mine is the number, since they're all in my ears. I wouldn't mind having my nose pierced, but that plus my allergies would drive me insane.

    Swimmer: I think so too, especially since he was a beast of a cat! I was probably age 7 when I named him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, I think I had a stuffed cat that I named Lynxie. Great minds...

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!