Monday, June 6, 2011

E - Authors from A to Z Challenge

Authors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by 
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  For more info, click the photo!

How I'm participating in the challenge:
I am trying to highlight at least three authors (YA or otherwise) per letter, some current favorites, others future favorites. If I cannot come up with three, I will substitute favorite books that start with the letter of that day. If that doesn't work, then just for fun I am going to list songs that start with the letter of that day. And if that doesn't work, well, it will be a surprise!

Today's Letter: E

Emperor Mage
I did not have any "E" authors for today, so I'm going with two books and one song.  This book is the third in the Immortals series by Tamora Pierce.  I love the world Pierce has created and in this book you get to see the MC, Daine, grow in her magic and get a step closer to finding out exactly how she came to possess wild magic.  Also, the romance factor goes up a bit with Daine's mentor, Numair.  I listened to the audio version of this by Full Cast Audio, and it was amazing.  I recommend anyone who loves fantasy pick up the Immortals series.



Eclipse
I have said it before on here, but I have a love/hate relationship with the Twilight Saga.  Stephenie Meyer may have not been at her best writing level when she came out with these addictive books, but they were/are still addictive.  I think Eclipse stepped it up in the action department, and I got to learn more interesting back-story, especially about my favorite Cullen, Jasper.  There were also parts of this book that I loathed (anyone care to guess?) but overall I really liked all the banter and tension between the different characters.



Everybody
This is a throwback that I couldn't help but to highlight today.  I've see all the stuff about the new NKOTB/BSB cd and tour, and this was one of my favorite Backstreet Boys songs.  I remember jumping around on my friend's trampoline while we sang this at the top of our lungs (having no idea how to answer Nick Carter's question in the song since were were like, 9) and loving every minute of it.  The video was pretty cool/funny too.



3 comments:

  1. I still have not read any Twilight books yet. I so want to, though. Eclipse was my favorite of the movies, so far at least.

    And that is a good song. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I held out for as long as I could, but I got sucked into the Twiverse like everyone else. I liked Eclipse the best too. One word: Jasper. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I gotta read those books ... someone - can't remember who - is doing a Twilight read-along thingy. I just might join in. I can handle a few chapters every few days! ;-)

    (I'm just afraid that once I start, I'll neglect my other commitments for the rest of the book/series!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!