Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Working Writer Wednesday [7]

Working Writer Wednesday is a weekly meme based on the Wannabe Writer meme hosted by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-Published. This meme is what prompted me to start Writer Quirk, so I am thankful to Sarah for creating it and allowing ANYONE (even a quirkster like me) to join up. So go visit her site and the others who participate. Do it.

Where I am in the writing process:  Revising what is written and planning on finishing my re-write by October.

My current problem(s):  I had another epiphany, but haven't figured out how to get it in there and make what is already there work around it.  It was not as big an epiphany as the last one, but still, it needs to be done right.  I'm still all over the place with my time.

Sarah's ???: How do you make time?

My answer:  Poorly, at the moment.  Honestly, I haven't felt like writing much, so I've not been trying very hard to sit down and do it.  My head is a little full with wedding plans and need of sleep.  Usually, though, I basically tell whomever it may concern that I am going to be out for the night, go to my favorite local cafe, pick a table and stay there until they close.  I actually have fewer interruptions out in public than at home.  That's how I was able to complete NaNoWriMo last year, by being away from my actual life as much as possible.  And when I really want/need to finish writing something as soon as possible, I take my laptop everywhere, including to work where I would write on my breaks (usually in the bathroom...I know...terrible and TMI) and on my lunch break.  When you really want to, you can find the time.  It usually requires cutting out reading, TV, friends, significant others, family, and such, but that is sometimes the price we pay (not to mention those around us) to do what we love.

My ???:  Do you have any secret/weird spots where you catch a little extra writing time?

That's it for this time!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inspiring me!

    http://watercolormoods.blogspot.com/2011/06/writing-through-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!