Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Working Writer Wednesday [4]

Working Writer Wednesday is a weekly meme based on the Wannabe Writer meme hosted by Sarah at Confessions of the Un-Published. This meme is what prompted me to start Writer Quirk, so I am thankful to Sarah for creating it and allowing ANYONE (even a quirkster like me) to join up. So go visit her site and the others who participate. Do it.

Where I am in the writing process:  I had a slight epiphany for what I can do to make my story better, but I haven't been able to implement yet.

My current problem(s):  I'm having a little fear actually.  I know I need to change things but don't want to start back at the beginning, but I also don't want to continue leaving things as they are.  So I'm on the fence between just writing the rest as if I made the chagnes, or starting over (re-writing the re-write).  So yeah, nothing is actually getting done.

Sarah's ???:  Can you give me more ways to differentiate between the two separate voices?  How to write in a male voice?

My answer:  I think word choice is key, but also tone and pacing are something to think about because not only do people use different personal vocabularies, but the way they say things is different as well.  A person who is very logical might be verbose where as someone who lives life at a break-neck pace will speak in shorter sentences.

My ???:  How do you cope with fear when it comes to writing?  Any helpful mantras or methods?

That's it for this time!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!