Tuesday, June 21, 2011

P - Authors from A to Z Challenge

Authors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by 
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  For more info, click the photo!


How I'm participating in the challenge:
I am trying to highlight at least three authors (YA or otherwise) per letter, some current favorites, others future favorites. If I cannot come up with three, I will substitute favorite books that start with the letter of that day. If that doesn't work, then just for fun I am going to list songs that start with the letter of that day. And if that doesn't work, well, it will be a surprise!

Today's Letter: P

Tamora Pierce
(I'm behind in my alphabet, I know, but better late than never!) If you've read some of my other A to Z posts where I mention Pierce's novels, you already know I love this author.  She has created a large cast of unique and fun characters, all with their different stregnths .  Her series, which are numerous, span different time periods and follow different characters all in the same world.  It is high fantasy, with magic and creatures and immortal beings, and lots of adventure!  If you like fantasy at all, read something by this amazing author.  I've read two of her quartets already, and am starting another one this week!  I can't wait!

James Patterson
I must confess, I have never read one of Patterson's novels that are those crime/drama/thrillers for adults.  I have, however, read his Maximum Ride series. I loved taking that wild ride and got my hands on as many of the series as possible. Hopefully I will get to finish it soon and learn what became of Max and the gang.

Edgar Allan Poe
This author has the title of author who creeps me out most. But in a good way. I devour Poe like the biggest goth or most loyal Baltimoreian. Creepy, engrossing, twisted, and awesome are only a few words to describe the inventor of the literary mystery. Like Shakespeare, Poe is an unforgettable master in the art of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!