Saturday, June 25, 2011

V - Authors from A to Z Challenge

Authors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by 
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  For more info, click the photo!

How I'm participating in the challenge:
I am trying to highlight at least three authors (YA or otherwise) per letter, some current favorites, others future favorites. If I cannot come up with three, I will substitute favorite books that start with the letter of that day. If that doesn't work, then just for fun I am going to list songs that start with the letter of that day. And if that doesn't work, well, it will be a surprise!

Today's Letter: V

Victoire Weasley
Again, no authors for this letter, so more characters.  This time, they are all from the world of Harry Potter.  This character is the daughter of Bill and Fleur Weasley and was born on the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts, hence her name, which means "victory" in French.  She is not actually seen in the books and not much is said about her other than that she seems to be the girlfriend of Teddy Lupin.  I often wonder if she was much like her mother, or more like Bill.  If Teddy is anything like Harry, I would think she would have to be a little more laid back than Fleur to really keep him from getting too annoyed with her.  It would be interesting to see if she and Teddy stayed together once they were grown up.  In fact, a family tree of all the Weasley/Potter families and other important characters would be cool.

Viktor Krum
Poor Viktor.  From what we see of him during the time period of the HP books, he was unlucky in the Quidditch World Cup, the Triwizard Tournament, and in love.  I actually really liked Krum and how he turned out to be very different from his mentor Karkaroff.  I wonder what became of him after the Second Wizarding War and if he continued playing quidditch, and if so, did he ever play against Ginny?  That would have been an interesting match.

Vernon Dursley
I would like to think that after everything that happened, Vernon Dursley got over his anti-magical and anti-Harry mentality, but sadly, I don't think he ever did.  I can't imagine what he would say if he knew Harry and Dudley became civil in later years.  Though I'm glad his son wised up, there is one thing you can say about Vernon - he's consistent.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading!