Saturday, June 30, 2012

Authors form A to Z: V

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


I've admired Veronica Roth from the first time I read one of her inspiring blog posts. Then I read her debut novel, Divergent, and came to appreciate her even more. Roth has one of those rare gifts in both forms her her writing to get to the heart and truth of a topic in ways that are intelligent and relatable.

For instance, I'm currently reading the second book in the Divergent trilogy, Insurgent, and even though the story is a bit of a downer (because, you know, dystopian) I am continually amazed at how flawed and human Roth's characters are and how, despite those flaws, I can still relate to them and root for them. And while I am enjoying Roth's first series and am looking forward to finishing it, I am more excited to see what this talented author has in store for us in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!