Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Authors from A to Z: Q

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


I have to be honest: this post has very little to do with authors or books. But because Q is such a tough letter, I thought I would highlight something that, like books, has brought me great joy, and that is the game Quelf. If you are in any way a quirk, this is the game for you. Make sure you gather other quirks with you to play as the more the merrier is quite literal with this game.

I cannot begin to explain Quelf in any way that it deserves, but I will give you the basics. It is a board game. You have a little piece that moves around and you do things or answer questions that appear on cards. There are rules. Sometimes there are more rules and sometimes those rules change. Sometimes you have to do the most ridiculous things. Sometimes you get rewarded for reading. Sometimes you get punished. You will either love it and laugh and hurt because of too much laughing, or you will be slightly amused but decide the game is too random for you. Either way, you should give it a try if you like things like, I don't know, laughing and fun and watching other people do funny things. And if you don't like those things, well, too bad for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!