Thursday, June 7, 2012

Authors from A to Z: F

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


Again today I have chosen an upcoming book I am really excited about. YA readers probably know Diana Peterfreund for being the author of the Killer Unicorn and Secret Society Girl series and from taking part in several anthologies (and when I say several, I mean SEVERAL. The lady works.). But the book of hers that I am anticipating like a kid on Christmas Eve is her latest, For Darkness Shows the Stars. It is a sci-fi retelling of my favorite Jane Austen novel, Persuasion. It will be in stores on June 12th, which is less than a week away!

Can you see me bouncing? No? Okay, imagine a bunny on a trampoline. That's how bouncy I am about this book. I'm also bouncy about the fact that if things work out while I'm there, I'll get to meet Peterfreund at Dragon*Con later this year. If you are also looking forward to this book, or even if you've not caught the fever, you can read the prequel to For Darkness Shows the Stars that was recently released, Among the Nameless Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!