Friday, June 15, 2012

Authors from A to Z: M

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


Myra McEntire is one of the most amazing, awesome, and approachable authors I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Why do I believe that? She helped organize an auction to help Nashville after the flood in 2010. She had coffee with one of the Volturi vampires from the Twilight movies (one of the ones with an accent!). The stories she tells about herself and her family are humorous and relatable. She wears funky glasses and lives in Tennessee. She's is ridiculously hilarious (I shall not mention what she said to the BBC guy about what she wanted to do to some Doctor's face or that whole Acid Flashback thing). And she gives honest and practical advice about writing and being a human being (like DO THE WORK and DON'T BE A NUT BAG.)

So yeah, I majorly <3 Myra McEntire. I feel the same about her books. Her debut novel, Hourglass, was a refreshing story complete with mystery, time travel, a kick-butt heroine, and an electric (literally!) romance. I loved the sequel, Timepiece, even more because of the hot mess 
that is Kaleb Ballard and the quick wit that is Lily Garcia. Not to mention the steamy 
like-a-hot-cup-of-Murphy's-Law-coffee that is the two of them together.
(For more of my gushy thoughts, check out my reivews of each book here and here.)

Seriously, if you haven't started following Myra McEntire on Twitter or read her books, you should. You should, you should, you should. Both are out now, so no excuses people! And once you've read them, we can anticipate the release of the third book, Infinityglass, together. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!