Saturday, June 9, 2012

Authors from A to Z: H

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


Rachel Hawkins is one of those authors that can make anything funny. Her characters are awesome and I love the way she writes dialogue. It's amazing to think that Hex Hall was one of those books that I was reluctant to read (because I'm picky and wishy-washy) but I am so so so very glad that I did anyway. It had everything I wanted, and I was not disappointed with the rest of the series, Demonglass and Spell Bound, either. (My review of Hex Hall is here and Spell Bound is here. I somehow didn't review Demonglass. Don't ask me how because I can't for the life of me figure it out.)

And it was because of this amazing series that I traveled to one (two if you count SOKY Book Fest) of Hawkins' signings and got to meet her, take photos, and hear her speak. She is as funny in person as she is on Twitter and in her novels. And because she awesome at writing said novels, I can't wait for her next book, Rebel Belle, and the Hex Hall spin off series to hit shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!