Monday, June 18, 2012

Authors from A to Z: O

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


Lauren Oliver is one of those authors that I am fascinated by. I started following her almost two years ago because I loved her blog. It took me a while to read her books because while they sounded cool, they also seemed out of my reading comfort zone (yes, I'm super picky). I made myself read them anyway (eventually) and I became even more of a fan.

Delirium was the first of Oliver's books that I read (my review here). It surprised me because while the theme has a lot to do with love, there was so much more to the story than a romantic relationship. Next came Before I Fall, which is my favorite of Oliver's novels so far (see why here). Again, it was all about relationships as well as the consequences of our actions, complete with a twist that made things out of the norm, and I loved it. Both books were well-written and had a lot of heart. Oliver also writes flawed characters that change and grow and I love that and always wind up rooting for them. I will definitely be reading anything Oliver comes up with, and I can't wait to see what she gives us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!