Saturday, June 30, 2012

Authors from A to Z: U

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!

*Note* - I had a tough week and completely spaced on posting the last bit of this challenge. To make up for it I am going to share my picks for U through Z today, so I apologize in advance for the flood of posts. I wish I had been able to keep with the schedule, but I am feeling better and I think my mini-break (which was mainly from the internet as a whole) helped. ^_^


Sarah Rees Brennan is one of my favorite authors to follow. She is hilarious on both Twitter and Tumblr and has some of the best TV show live tweets ever (her Vampire Diaries tweets are THE BEST). Unfortunately, when I tried to read her debut novel, The Demon's Lexicon, I found that it just wasn't for me, despite the excellent writing.

BUT, Brennan's new novel, Unspoken, a Gothic-tinged YA about a girl, a sleepy town, and an eerie family, sounds right up my alley. I love stories full of mystery and the possibility of the supernatural, then add in Brennan's writing style and humor, and I could not be more excited. And as if that wasn't enough, Brennan has another novel, Team Human, co-written with Justine Larbalestier, coming out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!