Sunday, June 3, 2012

Authors from A to Z: B

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


Many YA readers probably know Barnes from her popular Raised by Wolves series. Seeing that it took me a while to consider reading books involving werewolves, the book that put me on the Barnes bandwagon was Every Other Day (my review here). I absolutely loved the intense story and all the crazy goings-on and the insane cast of creatures that make life for the protagonist so dangerous.

Because of Every Other Day, I now have Raised by Wolves in my TBR pile. And while I admire Barnes for her books (and she has several published) I also admire her because she just finished getting her PhD and is officially Dr. Barnes. How cool is that?!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea about her PhD! That is so cool! I have not read Every Other Day yet, but fully intend to. I loved Raised by Wolves and need to finish the series already! (Where is the time? LOL)

    Excellent choice for B! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!