Friday, June 22, 2012

Authors from A to Z: S

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


In trying to write this post, I am literally having to keep myself from bouncing like a kid about to open Christmas presents. Why? Because Victoria Schwab is that awesome. There are so many things to love about her. She was one of the organizers of Do the Write Thing for Nashville. She has a magical personality, lots of humor, and is just fun to be around. She also dressed up like cupcake to answer interview questions.

I gave her a sparkly pony once. Ponies are my favorite. That's how much I fangirl over Victoria.

And her books? Get outta here. AMAZING. I've only read one in completion, The Near Witch (my review here), but Victoria Schwab does not half-do things, y'all. The writing, the characters, just WOW. Her next couple of novels, the YA The Archived, and the non-YA Vicious, sound spectacular and unique. Alas, neither comes out until next year. If you haven't read The Near Witch (or it's companion story The Ash-Born Boy) you are so not with the program! Get with the program!
The sparkly ponies command it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!