Thursday, June 21, 2012

Authors from A to Z: R

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


Today's author is one that doesn't have a novel out...yet. She does have a resource guide for writers called Query that I have already purchased and plan to read when I get a little closer to being done with my novel. If it seems like Redwine is a great person who likes to help others, you'd be right. I've actually had the pleasure of meeting her at a signing in Nashville (she was there supporting her friend and crit partner, Myra) and I can tell you that she is without a doubt one of the sweetest, most adorable human beings to walk the planet.

This is only part of the reason I am so excited to read her novel, Defiance. Y'all, this book sounds serious. Not like, serious as in issue novel serious, but serious, as in, something wicked is about to go down and we get to be along for the ride. And if I'm lucky, I may be able to be there at the launch party in August, when the book hits shelves, which will be a first for me. So if you get an early copy of this novel, count yourself lucky and be glad I don't know where you live. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!