Saturday, June 23, 2012

Authors from A to Z: T

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


Yes today is T and yes I may be going by her first name, but I can't do a list of my favorite authors without talking about Tamora Pierce. Of all the books I've read, I've read more books by Pierce than any other author (17, all set in the world of Tortall, in case you were wondering). If you haven't read any, you are missing out big time.

What I love about Pierce is, well, everything. I love her writing style, I love her characters, and I love her world-building. Her books, while not perfect, are the kind I can fully escape into. It wasn't until I started reading her novels that I realized just how much I loved fantasy, and whenever I forgot, all I had to do was pick up one of her books to find out again.

Because I've read so many of her novels, I want to share some of my favorite aspects. I have two favorite heroines, Beka Cooper of the Beka Cooper trilogy (my review of the first book, Terrier, here), and Aly, of the Daughter of the Lioness series. My favorite element of Pierce's books is the magic (the most of which can be found in the Immortals series). And last but not least, my favorite love interest is definitely George Cooper, who makes his first appearance in the Song of the Lioness quartet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!