Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Authors from A to Z: P

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


Amy Plum's debut novel, Die for Me, was one of those I was wary of reading. The reason? It was set in Paris, the city of love, and seemed to be one of those paranormal romances with most of the emphasis on the romance. Still, I read it anyway, and I am so glad I did!

Not only is Plum herself amazing and sweet (I got to meet her in Nashville recently), Die for Me was great. It did have romance, but a building, believable one. The characters were well-formed and the supernatural being featured in the book was different and interesting. It also had humor and action and some great character back-stories. And despite being wary of the Paris element, the city really came alive in the novel. If you haven't given this series a chance yet (the second book, Until I Die, came out last month), you should. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!