Saturday, June 16, 2012

Authors from A to Z: N

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


So this guy wrote this book that looked really interesting to me, but it didn't seem to be up my alley. Then I was persuaded by my friend Meg to read it. I couldn't read it fast enough. The funny thing is that this book has two more after it in the series, and I both want to read them and am afraid to, because I've heard this guy makes you cry.

If you don't already know, Patrick Ness is the author of the Chaos Walking trilogy. It's a sci-fi story told from the point of view of a boy that grew up in a town where there are no women on a planet colonized by former Earth folk. Not only is the story told in an odd way, but the first book, The Knife of Never Letting Go, is an adventure/journey story that has some creepy villains and lots of action (my review here). I was completely enthralled and I plan on reading the next two books, The Ask and the Answer and Monsters of Men, even if Patrick Ness is going to make me cry. I also may (if I can get over being afraid of shedding even more tears) read his other YA novel, A Monster Calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!