Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Authors from A to Z: K

Authors from A to ZAuthors from A to Z is a posting challenge hosted by
Heather at Proud Book Nerd. The challenge is simple: each day for the month of June (except Sundays) share your favorite authors whose last name corresponds to the letter for that day.  
For more info, click the photo.

How I'm participating in the challenge:
This year I am going to try to highlight just one author each day that I am really taken with. If I can't come up with one, it may be a book, a song, or a surprise!


Julie Kagawa is one of the authors I followed on Twitter before I'd ever read her books. Her first series, The Iron Fey, was on my TBR, of course. Yet even without reading her books, I could tell that Kagawa was a cool lady so I have no regrets in stalking her tweets. And I have it on good authority (from someone named Myra. Anyone know her?) that Julie Kagawa is a BAMF. There was something about helping get a tour bus unstuck from the snow while barefoot? Awe. Some.

As for her books, The Iron King was the first faery book that I have ever loved (see why in my review here). I suggested it to my friends and they became rabid fans of hers as well, reading the entire series before I'd even realized they'd been bitten by the Kagawa bug. I also adored her latest fangtastic novel, The Immortal Rules (review here). And I absolutely CANNOT wait for her next book set in the Iron Fey world, The Lost Prince, which focuses on a minor character from the first series.

So not only is Kagawa an awesome person, but she is an awesome writer who writes awesome books and I just want to soak up all her awesomeness. So if you haven't read her books, I'm gonna wonder about you, and not in a good way. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!